|Job Title||EMT Basic - $2000 Sign on Bonus|
The mission and purpose of this position are to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Maintain a clean appearance, demonstrating courteous, professional and ethical behavior, as well as the ability to work cooperatively with other members of the EMS Health Care System
- Continually improve and upgrade the skills and knowledge of the emergency medical profession.
- Render competent patient care in both pre-hospital and inter-facility setting
- Compliance with all applicable protocols for emergency treatment and transportation as per company policy and/or local and EPAB
- Safely operate and maintain an emergency vehicle and compliance with all laws pertaining to the operation of an emergency vehicle
- Safely operate and maintain all equipment and tools relevant to an EMT
- Communicate patient information to other members of the health care profession
- Communicate information through the proper “chain of command”, to management and other employees of Company
- Compliance with local, state and regional emergency medical service operations, regulations, and laws
- Accurately and completely document information required by Company, the Department of Health and EPAB
- Accurately and completely document the required information on the Company PCR
- Demonstrate, by attendance and documentation, compliance with the EMT Inc and/or the Department of Health requirements for continuing education and licensure
- Submit all continuing education documentation to Company Management on a quarterly basis
- Demonstrate physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of duties as an EMT
- Clean and maintain the cleanliness of Company property, including, but not limited to, vehicles, equipment, buildings and surrounding areas
- Accurately and completely document the required information on the Company Daily Vehicle Inspection form and the Company Daily Equipment Inventory form.
- Sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Walk, bend, squat, twist, reach, push, pull, and carry
- Frequently lift and/or move more than 125 pounds including lifting, moving and carrying patients up and down stairs
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Completion of a EMT Basic/Intermediate program and acceptance for licensure in the state of employ
- One year related experience preferred
- Maintain current Valid Driver’s License
- Maintain, on file, current and valid EMT Basic/Intermediate Certification
- Maintain, on file, current and valid CPT (Health Care Provider minimum) certification.
- Maintain, on file, current certification cards on all other skill based pay level (BTLS, PALS, Peep, etc.)
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 250 pounds
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin.